Minimum ten years’ experience required. Graduate of accredited architecture school with a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree with license. Ideal candidate will have extensive construction document coordination experience and will have sound and diverse knowledge of architectural principles and practices in a broad array of assignments and related fields, acting independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
Typical duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Reviews, coordinates, and implements scope of services
- Produces construction documents, primarily in AutoDesk Revit
- Responsible for finished plans and specifications and review of materials and construction
- Prepares and/or supervises code analysis
- Prepares and/or supervises the production of specifications
- Supervises junior architects, architectural designers, and interns
- Plans work schedules and priorities for project activities
- Coordinates directly with engineers and specialty consultants
- Presents explanations and solutions for unforeseen occurrences throughout the project
- Tracks project progress and implements work schedule
ENTRY LEVEL TO MID-LEVEL INTERN ARCHITECT OR ARCHITECT
This is a full-time position for an entry-level to mid-level Intern Architect or Architect. The successful candidate will be working on a variety of exciting high-profile public projects throughout the greater Chicago area and possibly the Dallas/Fort Worth area. These rewarding projects require someone who is comfortable working under tight production schedules and who has a high level of attention to quality, and design sensitivity. We believe in a culture of empowerment, which requires that the ideal candidate be highly motivated, able to work independently on smaller-scale projects, and conversely with large teams on larger-scale projects. The position may require working on multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Minimum one-year experience required, two to three years preferred
- Graduate of accredited architecture school with a Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture degree
- Must have some previous work experience in an architectural office
- Ideal candidate will have strong 3-D modeling/rendering
- Strong Revit and Construction Document preparation skills.
This is a full-time position for a candidate to provide invoicing, AP and AR for an architecture firm. Our clients are mostly public and invoicing requires strict adherence to their formats. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to work independently, and conversely coordinating with staff. A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Knowledge of Deltek-Ajera (accounting/project management software) is a plus, as well as, experience in invoicing government and/or institutional agencies.
Submit your resume
- Minimum two years employment experience required
- Preferably graduate of accredited school with a Bachelor of Science or Arts.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Teams, Adobe Pdf and accounting software
- Ability to work independently
The architectural firm was founded in 1984 by Jay and Cindy Muller. Today, Muller2 has grown to a staff of nearly 40 employees, including 13 licensed architects. Major market sectors include: aviation, transit, passenger rail, recreation, education, and general municipal. Major clients currently include: the Chicago Department of Aviation, the Chicago Department of Transportation, the Chicago Transit Authority, Metra Commuter Rail, Amtrak, the Chicago Park District, Chicago’s Riverwalk, the Public Building Commission of Chicago, and renowned artist Theaster Gates. We have recently opened an additional office in the Dallas/Fort Worth Area to accommodate our growing workload at DFW International Airport.
Located in Chicago’s trendy River West neighborhood, Muller2’s offices are located in a unique loft space, complete with game room and rooftop deck. We believe in open communication and a culture that fosters creativity and responsibility at all levels. Please visit our website at www.muller2.com for more information and to apply.