Alex serves as Architectural Designer at M2. She works with various team members through all phases of a project to develop design details as well as construction documentation preparation and construction administration. Alex has implemented BIM management throughout several projects and coordinates project documents and 3D modeling for urban transit work.
Prior to joining M2, Alex gained extensive professional experience working on commercial projects with a focus on renovation and adaptive reuse.
She enjoys learning about the construction detailing methods of historic buildings, and how to adapt such details when working on building modernizations. Alex has had a hand in a variety of projects at M2, including an elementary school addition and construction updates to area transit stations. She helps to get them off the ground in Revit, simultaneously assisting others in using BIM modeling to advance the project’s development and coordination with consultants.
- Master of Architecture, University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, Miami University, 2009
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- LEED Accredited Professional BD+C
- Talk to me about….
- Baking, crafting, screenprinting! I love making things, whether food or art prints or designing around-the-house (err, apartment) projects.
- What is your favorite project that you’ve worked on at M2?
- Honestly it might’ve been the very first one: Lincoln Elementary. It was a multi-story addition to a historic school, and involved a lot of back-and-forth getting the neighborhood and community on board. I think it was successful in the end, and the task of unifying new work with the existing building required some unique problem-solving.
- People would be surprised to know?
- I have never eaten Taco Bell.