Creative yet pragmatic, Chris has a passion for contemporary aesthetics and how architecture furthers cultural progress. He strongly believes that great architecture should serve and empower the public. Chris proudly admits that any project related to rail is his favorite. He brings significant experience to M2 by having been worked at a variety of firm sizes, work typology, and perspectives through his time in the industry. He demonstrated his capacity for hard work when he completed his Bachelor of Architecture while working full-time. Chris has always been excited by challenges that push his abilities further and strives to constantly evolve as a designer.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Boston Architectural College, Boston, MA, 2020
- Talk to me about...
- biking, books, or tacos
- My favorite project at M2 is...
- Metra 5 Stations
- Why architecture?
- Architecture came to me through a route in design and personal interest in design generally. I did a summer high school program at Harvard’s GSD for architecture introduction, and since then have been in love with architecture and pushed to achieve and grow academically and professionally. In a way I feel architecture speaks to my soul’s purpose and passion.
- What’s your hometown?
- I am from Cambridge, Boston’s neighbor across the Charles River.
- What are you most passionate about in your profession?
- I am most passionate about the cultural significance and symbolism of architecture. How does its’ context, pedagogy, theories and concepts, and unintended implications influence the experience and understanding of architecture.
- People would be surprised to know…
- I used to compete in swimming and win some meets. I gave it up in high school to focus on academics.
- What do you like about working at M2?
- I like working at M2 because of the importance and complexity of the projects as well as the collaboration with great teammates.