Danling’s definition of great architecture is the seamless fusion of thoughtful design and intelligent structure. This definition frames her way of thinking during concept development and model making, two of the things that she is clearly passionate about. She also gravitates toward architecture that positively impacts people’s lives. “When I was in high school, I used to travel to the suburbs a couple times a week, and usually it would take at least an hour. One day, we took the skyway because we were running late, and it was at that moment when I was really fascinated by how this megastructure saves people so much time. That really triggered my interest in architecture.”
One of the talented architectural designers at M2, Danling enjoys brainstorming with her team to produce the best possible solution to a design problem. Her grit and love of engaging people make it easy to collaborate with her on any design project.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, 2021
- Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL, 2017
- Talk to me about...
- Travel , food, architecture, history or science facts
- What is your hometown?
- I was born in China, in the province of Guangdong, around 4 hours driving away from Hong Kong. I moved here when I was 9 with my parents.
- What can't you live without?
- Bubble tea! And my family.
- What is your favorite structure?
- The Harbin Opera House by MAD Architects.