David Steele AIA, as Lead Designer, is responsible for gathering programmatic needs and conceptualizing the project design. His involvement continues through design development and construction. David’s approach to each project is unique, taking into consideration the specific project needs and working with the client to create a solution that best meets these needs. He works through schematic design and design development to satisfy the client’s requirements. Once the design work is complete and approved by the client, he is responsible for assuring that the design intent is carried through the entire project.
David is an integral part of each project team, participating in the preparation of contract documents, review of project submittals, project construction, and project completion leading to user occupancy. His background in space planning and creating presents each client with a distinctive design that best meets outlined expectations. He pays careful consideration to the details of the project, making decisions and proposals which best suit the facility and produce high client satisfaction. David closely collaborates with each client and ensures that the project’s unique challenges and opportunities are clearly communicated and proactively addressed.
- Masters in Architecture, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Design, State University of New york at Buffalo, 1982
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Licensed Architect, State of Illinois, 1991
- What are you most passionate about in your profession?
- Making great urban space and helping people understand what is important about good design in every aspect of society.
- Why architecture?
- It was in me since I was born. Grandpa McGee said I was going to be an architect when I was very young.
- What do you like about working at M2?
- The work culture is made for human beings. Oh and we get such great projects.