Ed Frankowski serves as a Project Manager, Project Architect and Sustainability Coordinator at M2. His experience includes LEED projects, commercial / interiors, educational facilities, municipal buildings, recreation projects, transit stations, bridges and urban planning.
Ed’s construction phase experience has included historic preservation, existing renovations, and new projects. Years of construction phase experience have given Ed a greater understanding of all design obstacles including coordination between disciplines, constructability issues, field conflicts, and full scale detailing. His experience include a broad range of project types and budgets including; transportation, education, park district, airport, ADA upgrades, bridges, hospitality, roofing replacements, and many personal ventures in furniture design, wood working, and even boat building. Ed specializes in bringing client and designer visions to reality, working to find innovative and elegant solutions to every hiccup along the way.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Iowa State University, 2008
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- LEED Accredited Professional, 2009
- Talk to me about….
- Construction Materials and Finishes, Public Transportation, Passive Solar Design, Woodworking, Boatbuilding, and the history of the Great Lakes.
- What is your favorite project that you’ve worked on at M2?
- Managing major projects at both Midway & O’Hare through construction have presented great adversity, but have also been great opportunities. Working through great challenges always makes the reward better in the end.
- People would be surprised to know…
- I’m a garden & plant enthusiast. My house plant collection is always growing (pun intended).