Gustavo Acosta serves as Project Architect at M2. He works with various team members through all phases of a project to develop design details, as well as construction document preparation and construction administration. Gustavo utilizes digital technologies, including BIM and 3D software, to better facilitate both the design and production process.
- Master of Architecture, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2014
- Bachelor of Environmental Design, University of Puero Rico, 2012
- Why architecture?
- I have always leaned into the creative and architecture always appealed to me because it is the ultimate creative field in which to not only create, but also contribute in a direct and meaningful way to the environment we inhabit, and improve the quality of life of the people impacted by it.
- What is the greatest risk you’ve taken?
- Moving from Puerto Rico on a whim to find a job in Chicago.
- What are you most passionate about in your profession?
- The schematic design aspect, where we come up with new and innovative ideas to a given problem, but also tied with the development of making the design function through the study of details to make any given design a reality.