Kristen has over a decade of architecture experience in a range of project types including aviation, casinos, religious spaces, and master planning. She currently serves as Architectural Designer and Project Manager at M2, and brings a passion for technical design, construction administration, and BIM integration to all of her projects. Kristen is enthusiastic about balancing both the creative and the technical aspects of architecture and most enjoys the interdisciplinary collaboration that is inherent in architecture.
- Bachelor of Architecture, University of Southern California, 2014
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Licensed Architect, State of Georgia, 2019 NCARB Certification, 2019
- Talk to me about….
- Horses, tennis, traveling, or Jeeps
- What is your favorite project that you’ve worked on at M2?
- Any aviation project with baggage scope is my favorite!
- Why architecture?
- My dad retired early to start his true passion of restoring historical homes so I grew up skipping school to help him re-wire, or re-plumb, a house and I hated it… but when I got older I realized that the design side of a project was way more fun!
- What’s your hometown?
- Los Angeles
- What is one accomplishment (personal or professional) that you are most proud of?
- Getting licensed.
- What can’t you live without?
- My family! And also my phone.
- What is the greatest risk you’ve taken?
- My study abroad program in college got cancelled a month before we were set to leave, so I got a job in Shanghai and took myself on my own study abroad for 4 months. It was scary to move to China by myself, but it was also the best time of my life.
- What are you most passionate about in your profession?
- I’m most passionate about mentoring young, aspiring architects.
- People would be surprised to know…
- that I was a professional equestrian in High School
- What is your favorite structure?
- The Alhambra, in Granada. I like to imagine that if the original artists messed up while carving, they’d just say “oops! I hope no one notices” instead of having to start all over.
- What do you like about working at M2?
- The people! We spend most of our lives surrounded by the people we work with, so I think it makes all the difference when you enjoy your coworkers and can have fun at work.