Mike Lucansky has a strong technical background from years of tackling tough tasks such as code analysis and interpretation, accessibility reviews, compiling and coordinating specifications, cost and budget evaluations, and creation of complex construction documents and technical details. He has been fortunate to spend loads of time on construction sites as well, including a 2+ year campaign for one particularly complicated project. This first-hand construction observation has helped hone his knowledge of building sciences, while dabbling in his garage workshop keeps him in touch with method and materiality. Mike aids with Quality Assurance reviews and enjoys mentoring staff too. His diverse range of architectural activities make him a well-rounded professional, balanced with thorough technical knowledge and creativity in advanced problem solving.
- Masters of Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelors of Arts in Art, Rockford University, Rockford, Illinois
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Certified Project Manager, May 2020
- Certified Construction Specifier and Construction Document Technologist, 2012
- Licensed Architect, State of Illinois, 2009
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Talk to me about….
- Chicago history, travel stories, or European soccer and we will get along swimmingly.
- What can’t you live without?
- My family, being outside (in any weather), and playing soccer.
- What is the greatest risk you’ve taken?
- Honestly, I think pursuing architecture was a big risk. It took a lot of time and effort (and MONEY) to get through the educational portion. And we do that without knowing if we will succeed, find meaningful work, or even like it.