Born and raised in a small city in Myanmar, Phyo came to Chicago to pursue architecture education and his dream of becoming an architect with his own design office. He graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology with a bachelor’s degree in architecture in 2019 and has previous experience in both high- and low-rise residential design. Phyo is currently a part of the growing design team at Muller2. He also has a background in art and seeks to combine poetry, artistic beauty and emotional experience into his architecture. His strengths include developing design concept, rendering and graphic presentation.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2019
- Talk to me about….
- Architecture, Soccer especially Arsenal FC, Philosophy, Art, Aqua scaping, Shrimp & Fishkeeping
- Why architecture?
- The state of the built environment in my country is so underwhelming that we have almost little to no architecturally significant buildings or infrastructure. I believe architecture has the ability to shape the way people interact and can have a great impact on the standard of living.
- What is the greatest risk you’ve taken?
- To travel to the United States alone from Myanmar to study at age 18 and not knowing anybody
- People would be surprised to know…
- That I breed and sell ornamental shrimp.