Stephanie works out of M2’s Peoria office and brings fifteen years of experience in new construction and renovation projects. She has worked in structural engineering, architectural design, project management, and BIM modeling and model management. She is interested in uniting architecture and structural engineering early in the design process to create elegant and efficient structural systems. She enjoys working with clients to solve problems and create functional spaces.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Studies, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2006
- Master of Architecture, Specializing in Structures, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2008
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Enrolled Structural Engineering Intern, State of Illinois
- CDB Project Management Training
- Talk to me about….
- Structural engineering, Peoria, yoga, Illinois basketball, Instant Pots, Italian white wine
- Why architecture?
- Architecture is the perfect marriage of art and science. I get to be creative, logical, and organized with every project. Its my dream job.
- What’s your hometown?
- Peoria, IL
- What is one accomplishment (personal or professional) that you are most proud of?
- Completing my Master of Architecture with Structural Concentration at the University of Illinois while doing a teaching assistantship. This was both a fantastic opportunity and the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I try not to take it for granted.
- What is the greatest risk you’ve taken?
- Moving back to my hometown to raise my family. We had built a life for ourselves in Chicago, but our growing family was starting to feel cramped. On my advice, we relocated to Peoria, and we’ve made central Illinois our home. I’ll always miss Chicago, but I love the space, scenery, and wonderful people of central Illinois.