Susan Thayer brings over fifteen years of architecture experience in a variety of project types for both new construction and renovation. She is responsible for project management, documentation production, and coordination throughout all project phases as well as programming, community outreach, facility assessments, asset management and construction administration. She serves as the primary point of contact for clients, engineers, and other consultants.
Prior to joining Muller & Muller, Susan gained extensive professional experience working on commercial projects with a focus on renovation and adaptive reuse.
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1999
- Master of Architecture, Arizona State University, 2002
- PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
- Licensed Architect, State of Illinois, 2013
- Chicago Self-Certified Architect, 2017
- IL + Chicago Registered Energy Professional, 2016
- NCARB Certification, 2013
- LEED AP BD+C, 2009
- CDT Construction Document Technologist, 2001
- What is your favorite project that you’ve worked on at M2?
- ORD Fuel Truck Rack is probably my favorite project so far. I was able to establish a relationship with a new client who allowed us the freedom to implement the design we envisioned, and they were very pleased with the finished building.
- Why architecture?
- It takes so many different skills to practice architecture well, that there is always something new to learn.
- What is one accomplishment (personal or professional) that you are most proud of?
- Getting my license…and then using it.