Vijay Hudock has worked as an architect with over 12 years of progressive experience from reputable firms in the industry in various project phases that span across construction administration, construction document production and project management. Working on a wide range of projects from small residential to large grocery stores and shopping malls, interior fit-outs for corporate offices, religious institutions, hotel projects and a world-famous landmark skyscraper project. While he may have a well rounded experience, his true passion lays with construction management and coordination with an emphasis on technical detailing and design. Vijay excels in free-hand sketching as well as various 3D modeling programs, with a complimentary knowledge in the graphical programs that allow his work to translate across various mediums.
- Environmental Management and Sustainable Enterprise Certificate, Stuart School of Business, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, 2009
- Master of Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Bachelor of Architecture, B.M.S College of Engineering, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India, 1999
- Talk to me about….
- Color pencils- Caran D’ache Vs. Staedler Luna; Planes- The Lockheed TriStar Vs. The DC-10; Gardening and Cooking!
- What is your favorite project that you’ve worked on at M2?
- The Navy Pier Bike Path since it is such a landmark structure in the city and even though I didn’t get to work on its initial design, I did see it through its completion!
- What is one accomplishment (personal or professional) that you are most proud of?
- I have worked on the world’s tallest building The Burj Khalifa in Dubai at SOM Chicago and I managed to keep all my bosses, my managers and my team happy responding to several hundred RFIs a month. I also worked with the Interior design director and helped the team with the completion of the Burj Dubai and Suites Art program and the Tower Park Landscape packages for the master plan development around the tower.