Nicholas serves as Project Architect at M2 with a specialization in construction administration and leads the M2 technical committee. He has worked for over 10 years providing services at all phases of the design process. Nicholas has held many positions on a range of diﬀerent projects, including designer, design manager, project architect, BIM manager, code specialist, and construction administrator. Prior to joining M2, Nicholas gained experience in the Paciﬁc Northwest focusing on major healthcare projects.
“I like architecture because we get to manipulate our built environment and striving to make a more eﬃcient and pleasant place for people to live in. No project is too small and I enjoy solving design problems of many scales. I am highly organized and endeavor to ﬁ nd solutions through iteration. I pride myself on my attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture and enjoy visualizing complex systems via simpliﬁed graphics.”
- Bachelor of Science and Design - Architecture, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, 2006
- Talk to me about….
- The Pacific Northwest, New Zealand, music, movies, trivia, data, and fabrication.
- What is one accomplishment (personal or professional) that you are most proud of?
- Before moving to Chicago, my wife and I sold all we owned and spent 8 months in New Zealand, volunteering on farms across the country.
- What is the greatest risk you’ve taken?
- I spent a major part of my college year in the University Climbing Club, and often we found ourselves dangling off the side of a cliff. At the time I had no fear, but looking back now it wasn’t the safest hobby.